Sunday, March 27, 2011

Still on the couch - Hannover

Things Nigel likes about Germany:
  • The culture of sharing left-overs. It is amazing, no food goes to waste
  • The soap in bathrooms is pre-foamed, saving valuable time that would be spent lathering
  • Currywurst
  • How little Germans know about New Zealand. Questions so far have included "So... I thought the All Blacks were the Australian Rugby team?" and "Do you eat kiwi in New Zealand?"
  • The train system; one feels like the lowliest Deutschbahn worker could revolutionise Wellington trains

Things Alex likes about Germany:
  • How much better the bread is
  • How excited everyone gets when I manage to pronounce one German word correctly
  • That there is a franchise of restaurants called 'Alex'
  • The old ladies riding bicycles
  • How much Germans like their dogs.....so much so that I saw one man take his dog clubbing

No comments:

Post a Comment